CRM software has been specifically designed to help businesses build, enhance and maintain relationships with existing and new customers. CRM software helps companies deepen their relationship with customers and enables them to enhance customer service, revenue, and overall operations. CRM software system has over the years evolved from a simple contact management system to a tool that can be used to manage marketing, sales, vendor, accounting and other areas of operations. It can be used to find leads and then follow up with prospects so that they can be nurtured using the sales pipeline. CRM software can be used to build customer loyalty by storing vital information. This can help in boosting sales by personalizing the experience of customers and providing excellent customer support. There are several factors that you need to consider when choosing a CRM software for your business.
• Level of Necessity – One of the important things that you need to do is to determine the level of necessity of CRM software to your organization. You need to have clearly defined goals and objectives so that you can build the software around them. The best way to identify the objectives is to go through each department of the company and take note of how you generate, access and store data. The next step is to evaluate the strength and weakness of each approach. This can help you draw a list of your specific needs and make it easier to choose a CRM software solution that is best for the entire organization.
• Budget and Cost – The cost of the CRM software system varies greatly. Apart from the visible cost of the CRM software, there are other things that you need to consider. You need to integrate the software into the computer network at the workplace and customize it as per your requirements. If it is not a cloud-solution, additional equipment such as servers, desktops, and laptops are needed. The additional cost includes upgrades to the CRM software, maintenance, and training staff to use the system. You need to take all these things into account when deciding on the CRM software system for your organization.
• Any Device Platform- CRM systems are usually optimized for use on computers and laptops at the workplace. As more and more people are using mobile devices and tablets, the system should be accessible from any device. The system has to be consistent in functionality across different devices. This can enable employees to respond to customer queries even if they are not in the office. Without an Any Device platform, the systems will not be a good investment.
• Deployment- There are usually two ways that the CRM software system is deployed. One of the options is installing the software directly on the server of your company. This is known as on-site deployment. The other option is the on-demand solution and usually, involves a cloud-based CRM software from a third party. The onsite solution offers maximum security and enables you to customize easily. You have more control over the data and can integrate it with other business applications. Onsite solutions are expensive compared to cloud-based solutions. Cloud solutions can be implemented fast and have an equal level of security. You need to determine what works best for you depending on your specific needs.
• Scalability – Businesses grow with time and the CRM software you buy needs to address the new goals and concerns. Scalability is an important factor as the last thing you want to do is to buy new CRM software each year to meet your growing needs.
It is advisable to do your research on each CRM software system that you are considering. Do a detailed analysis by comparing features, so that you can choose the best system available in the market. We have designed FollowUp Power to meet all these requirements and more. Book your demo today!